Friday, September 3, 2010

Windy Surf and Jumpfest Results - 60 Days of Summer Day 53

Following a few less than optimal surf missions I decided to make an attempt at catching Ho’okipa without too much wind early on. Despite being on the water by 8am the wind was already on the up and the left overs were not really epic. I caught a small bunch of waves on the 8’0” and got some exercise and was certainly much more fun than running!

I arrived later in the day of my windsurf segment and again it was far from the best session of the summer season but these are the days that you just have to work at it and get what you can, a few waves, a few jumps and it was time to call it a day.


JUMPFEST Update:

The voting closed on Sunday night (HST) and I am pleased to announce that the winners were:

Pro Men – Graham Ezzy


Am Men – Olaf


Girls – Tamara


Funnies – Tom Hammerton

Graham's winner! Contact Jimmie if you would like to purchase a print.

A full report and more pictures will be on WindsurfingMag.com soon. Congrats to the winners who all now receive a mounted print of their winning shot courtesy of Jimmie Hepp, I have seen them and they look fantastic and you really should consider ordering one for yourself! I hear that Tom has a good idea of what to do with his but I will save that for another post!

Sailing record: 85% 44/52


On Water Record: 88% 46/52


More to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment